Steps to a free laptop for college-bound high school seniors
- Throughout the year, donors’ generous financial contributions work to “build” free laptops for students
- 100% of every donation goes toward funding computers for students
- High schools agree to participate. Counselors inform students.
- We encourage high schools to join before the Fall academic year begins – and to communicate the opportunity from August through February
- Eligible students submit an application - due March 1. No exceptions to the due date.
- Check eligibility requirements
- Fully Charged for College confirms receipt of application to applicant
- Students submit documentation – due May 1. No exceptions to the due date.
- letter of acceptance to a 4-year college/university, and
- college enrollment deposit/confirmation
- Fully Charged for College Selection Committee reviews applications and determines awards
- Fully Charged for College notifies all computer winners by June 1. Only winners will be notified.
- For each award recipient, Fully Charged for College purchases a new Apple® computer – a model currently being used by the majority of U.S. college students.
- Computers are distributed in early July so students may start their first semester Fully Charged for College!